Scientists run these dolphin tours as part of their research on these beloved aquatic animals, so you know this will be an interesting trip. Passengers will be able to see how researchers with the Outer Banks Center for Dolphin Research, a nonprofit organization, conduct their research and hear about some of the discoveries from more than a decade of studies and monitoring. Some of the hundreds of Atlantic bottlenose dolphins in the area show up so frequently they’ve even been given names, like “Rake,” “Scarlet,” and “Onion.”
- As low as $500/Night
- 17 Bedrooms
- 11 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 36
- Arcade/game room
- DVD player
- Pool or billiards table
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Heated pool
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- LCD TV with cable/satellite service
- Limited onsite parking (max 4 spaces)
- Living room
- Near the ocean
- On the beach
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor fireplace
- Paper towels
- Private pool
- Refrigerator (full size)
- Roll-in shower
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Wet bar
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 36
- 17 Bedrooms
- 11 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
WOW! Ideal oceanfront property for family get-togethers, anniversary gatherings, or just a family that wants to savor spending time at the beach together while still having their own private space! The owners are always updating and adding amenities to make your stay here more fun. The pool deck is charming with a cabana bar and outdoor fireplace! Appreciate a new concept in family visiting on the Outer Banks with this amazing oceanfront complex with 17 Bedrooms, Private Pool, Hot Tub, Rec Room and Billiards Room! “Cinco Palmas” is comprised of 5 units sharing the same grounds and amenities. This compound consists of the main property “Royal Palm”, with 8 bedrooms and a wide door on one bedroom to help family members with access through the property. Private pool, hot tub, and cabana area with outdoor bar, sauna and fireplace. Plenty of room for dining together in the kitchen and dining area on the top level. There are 2 fridges on the top floor, and a third in the rec room! 6 Master Bedrooms give everybody privacy to relax. The ground level offers bar area, den style seating with TV viewing area and billiards section all set up for the feel of your favorite pub at property! The additional four units on the west side of the main property, and are composed of 2 and 3 bedroom duplex units, King Palm, Queen Palm, Princess Palm and Prince Palm. Altogether, Cinco Palmas features 17 bedrooms and 11.5 baths. Located in South Nags Head this is a ideal location for family get-togethers or corporate gatherings with phenomenal dining, golf, shopping and attractions to please everybody.
Royal Palm (Main House)
Top-Level: Great Room with TV/DVD, Stereo, Deck Access, King Master Bedroom with Whirlpool and Shower, Deck Access, TV, Reading Nook, Kitchen with 2 Dishwashers, Dining Table seats 14, Bar seats 5, Table seats 4, Wet Bar with Full-size Fridge, Half Bathroom.
Mid-Level: King Master Bedroom on Oceanside with Deck Access and TV; King Master Bedroom with TV; Queen Master Bedroom on Oceanside with Deck Access and TV; Queen Master Bedroom with TV and Deck Access facing west; Queen Master Bedroom with TV and Deck Access facing west; Washer and Dryer.
Ground-Level: Rec Room with TV/DVD/Media Area, Billiards Room, game table, Kitchenette with full-size refrigerator, microwave, and sink. Bedroom with 2 Bunk Beds with TV; Queen Bedroom with TV; both share bathroom with roll in shower that also has access to rec room.
Royal Palm Conveniences (Main House)
DVD players, Full-size Pool Table, 3 Full-size Refrigerators, Gas Fireplace, Parking: 6 Vehicles.
King and Queen Palm (East Unit)
King Palm (Unit A, Downstairs): Living Area with LCD TV/DVD, Kitchen with full-size Fridge, Gas Stove, Dishwasher, and Microwave, King Bedroom, Bedroom with 2 Twin Beds, Hall Bathroom.
Queen Palm (Unit B, Upstairs): Living Area with TV/DVD, Dining, Kitchen with full-size Fridge, Gas Stove, Dishwasher, and Microwave, King Bedroom, Bedroom with 2 Twin Beds, Hall Bathroom.
East Unit Conveniences
King Palm and Queen Palm share common Laundry with Washer/Dryer with other duplex units. Laundry is located on ground level of Prince and Princess (Units C and D), Parking: 2 Vehicles
Prince and Princess Palm (West Unit)
Prince Palm (Unit D, Upstairs): Living Area with 32” LCD TV, Dining, Kitchen with full-size Refrigerators, Stove, Microwave, and Dishwasher. Queen Bedroom, Bedroom with Full Bed, Bedroom with Bunk Bed, Hall Bathroom.
Princess Palm (Unit C, Downstairs): Living Area with 32' LCD TV, Dining Area, Kitchen with full-sized Fridge, Stove, and Microwave. Queen Bedroom, Bedroom with 2 Twin Beds, Hall Bathroom.
West Unit Conveniences
Prince Palm and Princess Palm share common laundry room located behind this unit, Parking: 4 Vehicles.
Cinco Palmas Conveniences (Shared Between All)
Private Pool (17 x 24), Heat Optional Seasonally, Hot Tub (6), Wireless Internet Access, Cabana Bar and full-size bathroom, Poolside Wood Fireplace, Sauna, 2 Gas Grills, No Smoking, Dogs Accepted, Milepost 17.
Additional luxury details:
Private Pools are open from April 28, 2023 until October 15, 2023 and May 3, 2024 until October 12, 2024, and May 2, 2025 until October 11, 2025. Pool heat is an available option in this property, for a fee of $400 plus tax. Family Animals are not allowed in pools under any circumstances. An additional fee will be charged to leaseholder for the chemical balance, cleaning or damage that would cause the replacement of a vinyl pool liner. Hot tubs are available year-round. Gas fireplaces are shut down from May 15 until September 15.
All Outer Banks Blue properties provide bed linens and bath towels for a modest fee added to every reservation. We provide 1 bath towel and washcloth per advertised occupant. We provide 1 hand towel and 1 bar of soap per bathroom sink. We also provide kitchen towels. Beds are made prior to your arrival, and we provide a starter supply of toilet paper, bathroom soap, paper towels, and dishwasher detergent.
Outer Banks Blue makes every commercially reasonable effort to maintain reliable information about the vacation rental properties we manage. As such, all information and descriptions are subject to daily updates and changes. We are not responsible for changes in furnishing, inventory, and décor implemented by individual homeowners. Photos, virtual tours, and floor plans are meant to be illustrative in nature. All vacation rental information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. If you have any questions please give us a call.
** The high chair seen in photos is no longer at the property. If infant equipment is needed local rental options can be supplied. **
The use of the property is restricted to use by You and Your family, unless it is agreed upon, in writing, to occupancy by a non-family group. A “family” means parents, grandparents, kids, and extended family members visiting at the property. For example, the use of the property by fraternities, sororities, groups under the age of 24, or unrelated groups is prohibited.
About the Area
Located on the beach, this vacation home is in South Nags Head, a neighborhood in Nags Head. Dare County Arts Council and The Lost Colony are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Mutiny Bay Adventure Golf and Full Throttle Speedway. Traveling with kids? Consider Destination Fun and Stop-N-Shop Beach Shop. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as swimming.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Our top Rental home tips:
Sticking to a rental home budget:
- Summer is high season in the Nags Head area. Book your rental in Fall or Spring months to get the benefit of beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowds.
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer rental homes during Winter holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Hosts sometimes offer promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Ask your property manager if discounts are available for your family.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer renters an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Many rental management companies supply Nags Head area travel guides which often include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Nags Head area magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Planning, selecting, and booking a perfectvacation home:
- Begin by choosing a vacation week and a spending budget.
- Nags Head has 17 bedrooms and 11 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed types is generally accessible online. If not, contact the property management company before you reserve the property. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds. You will need to work out what is optimal for your vacation group.
- Are you visiting for a single event? If so, use a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking.
- Some properties allow pets, and some don't. Allowable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the property manager about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
Advice for your stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and save the directions to your smartphone.
- At Check-in, record any damages to the rental property and immediately contact the property manager. Record all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, intercom or coffee maker. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent lots of difficulties.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay more pleasurable. You'll enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors can be a great source for finding the best local scenic spots.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking the rental when you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the property to make sure you've collected all personal belongings. Check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave a review! Property managers rely on great reviews to drive future bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to fix it.
- Lost Colony Brewery's Waterfront Beer Garden - 0.8 miles
- Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe - 1.0 miles
- Miller's Waterfront Restaurant - 1.1 miles
- Fish Heads Bar and Grill - 1.4 miles
- Poke Box - 2.8 miles
- Outer Banks Mall - 2.8 miles
- Big Buck's Homemade Ice Cream - 4.3 miles
- Dune Burger - 0.5 miles
- Nags Head Dolphin Watch - 0.7 miles
- Fishing Unlimited Boating Center - 1.2 miles
- Fish Heads Bar and Grill - 1.4 miles
- Risky Business Shrimping and Crabbing - 4.1 miles
- Nags Head Dolphin Watch - 4.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 4.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Surf Co. - 4.3 miles
- Captain Johnny's Dolphin Tours - 4.3 miles