MILLER’S OFFERS ONE OF THE FEW TRULY WATERFRONT DINING EXPERIENCES ON THE OUTER BANKS. Enjoy casual dining in our downstairs family-friendly seafood restaurant, or our signature drinks and grill menu in our upstairs deck bar while watching kite boarders, windsurfers and mother nature’s best sunsets.
- As low as $3,902/Night
- 13 Bedrooms
- 14 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 30
- Arcade/game room
- DVD player
- Foosball table
- Pool or billiards table
- Table tennis
- Video games
- Video library
- 13 bedrooms
- 14 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Designated smoking areas
- Dining table
- Ecotours nearby
- Electric kettle
- Fence around the pool
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness center
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- Iron/ironing board
- Marina nearby
- Near a hospital
- Near the bay
- Near the ocean
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- On the beach
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor pool
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Snorkeling nearby
- Sofa bed
- Spa tub
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 9650 sq ft (897 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 30
- 13 Bedrooms
- 14 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 9650 square feet
Crawford Cottage has been home to family gatherings and special celebrations for generations. Our oceanfront home combines the historic appeal of the classic Nags Head beach bungalow with cavernous modern living. It offers privacy, convenience, your own walkway to the beach and an getaway to appreciate your gathering.
You’ll find the Main home and the Cottage co-exist in harmony. The original refreshed 1940’s 4-bedroom oceanfront Cottage is connected by covered walkway to an elegant, modern, 9-bedroom home. Natural wood throughout ties the buildings together with a warm glow, inviting you to savor your time with family and friends. Each bedroom is well appointed with ensuite bathroom. Located on an acre of oceanfront property, the Cottage is an anomaly in Nags Head with over 9,500 sq ft of indoor living space and, best of all, 2,500 sq ft of sundecks and covered porches. If your family has grown enough to fill a modest hotel, then Crawford Cottage is the ideal fit.
Special features include elevator, private pool, hot tub, cool dipping pool (3 ft depth), poolside cabana lounge, game room with wet bar and pool table, playroom with a ping pong table, 2 full well appointed kitchens (one in the Main House and smaller one in the Cottage), enormous rooftop sundeck with upsized chess board, screened porch, antique heart pine floor, intelligent TV's, gas fireplace, wet bar with ice maker, ceiling fans, 3 washer/dryers and outdoor showers.
You’ll find a special and memorable space for all guests at Crawford Cottage! Below is an overview of the sleeping accommodations:
In the Main House (9 bedrooms total)
* Top Floor - 1 King room with ensuite bathroom (handicap accessible). The top floor includes the kitchen, main living area, covered screen eating area, sitting balcony and ocean vistas.
* 2nd Floor - 4 King rooms, 2 Queen rooms
All of the second floor bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms; please note one of king bedroom shares a Jack& Jill bath with one of the queen bedrooms; otherwise all other rooms on this floor have private bath/shower. This floor includes a modest TV lounge with sitting balcony, a coffee/wet bar, the main laundry room and access to the sizable sun deck. One of the King rooms includes a futon bed.
* 1st floor - 2 Kids/teen bedrooms
One of the bedrooms has 2 pyramid bunk beds (double bed on bottom/twin above) and second bedroom has 2 twin beds. There is a Jack & Jill bath connecting the kids's room, as well as another full bath on this floor in the main area. This floor also homes the game room with TV area and pool table and has direct access to the pool cabana and pools.
In the original Cottage: (4 bedrooms total)
Master bedroom - King bed with ensuite bathroom
2nd bedroom - King bed shared bath with kids’s room
Kids’s bedroom - 2 twin beds
Bunk room - 1 twin bed, 1 bunk bed with ensuite bathroom
The Cottage originally constructed in 1947 is a quintessential Nags Head home. It has been lovingly restored but maintains its original charm. It is all on one one floor with a kitchen and open living area. There are three bedrooms off of the living area and the 4th bedroom (referred to as the teens bunk room) is connected to the huge playroom with ping pong table.
About the Area
Located in Nags Head, this vacation home is on the beach. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Nags Head Woods Preserve and North Pond Trail, while Wright Brothers National Memorial and Glazin' Go-Nuts are cultural highlights. Traveling with kids? Consider Destination Fun and Stop-N-Shop Beach Shop. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and scuba diving nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with ecotours and cycling.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips for getting the best vacation rental experience:
Getting the best rental value:
- Reserve your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Booking a rental in the Fall or Spring is a great way to save on your vacation rental. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable homes.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer discounts for veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Property management companies often offer renters an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for more information.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Nags Head area visitors guides which include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find Nags Head visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Planning and choosing a perfectrental home:
- Start by having your family commit to dates and a spending budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your group needs. Oceanfront, Nags Head NC - 13 bedrm home w historic charm + modern conveniences has 13 bedrooms and 14 bathrooms.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally accessible online. If you don't see them listed, reach out to the property owner before reserving the home. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches. You will need to determine what is suitable for your vacation group.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you'll need to book a pet-friendly vacation rental. Request details on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Note that some property owners charge additional pet fees.
- If there's an individual Nags Head destination you are crazy about, look for rentals that are either nearby, or those that cater to your desires.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking.
- Take a copy of the property manager's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental.
- Property managers are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental property while you're out! Don't let thieves ruin your family vacation.
- During arrival, note any issues with the rental property and immediately contact the owner. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful vacationers disrupting your quiet neighborhood. Practice the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and attractions you would've not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can often help. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the property to confirm you've collected everything. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your group have a terrific time? Most rental management companies make it easy for clients to provide comments. If your rental property and/or host was great, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was defective and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Cookshak Fried Chicken - 0.3 miles
- Moge Tee - 0.3 miles
- Poke Box - 0.3 miles
- Pizzazz Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- American Pie - 0.8 miles
- Pigman's Bar-B-Que - 0.8 miles
- Miller's Seafood and Steakhouse - 0.9 miles
- Thai Room - 1.7 miles
- Outer Banks Gearworks Laser Tag and Fun Center - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 1.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Surf Co. - 2.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.3 miles
- Jolly Roger - 3.7 miles
- Jockey's Ridge State Park - 1.7 miles
- Galaxy Golf - 0.7 miles
- Outer Surf - 0.2 miles