Scientists run these dolphin tours as part of their research on these beloved aquatic animals, so you know this will be an interesting trip. Passengers will be able to see how researchers with the Outer Banks Center for Dolphin Research, a nonprofit organization, conduct their research and hear about some of the discoveries from more than a decade of studies and monitoring. Some of the hundreds of Atlantic bottlenose dolphins in the area show up so frequently they’ve even been given names, like “Rake,” “Scarlet,” and “Onion.”
- As low as $450/Night
- 10 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 26
- Arcade/game room
- DVD player
- Pool or billiards table
- Video library
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Heated pool
- Ice maker
- Internet access
- Living room
- Near the ocean
- No pets allowed
- On the beach
- Onsite parking
- Private pool
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 26
- 10 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
New for 2023: Replacing the oceanfront top-level deck and adding a gate. Replacing all grey cedar shake siding. Carpet replaced on entire top-level. Mid-level queen with bunkbed is getting a new bunk bed. Internet has been upgraded to a 400 MB download speed.
New for 2022: New half bathroom added to the ground-level rec room, new floor throughout ground-level, new entertainment center and new seating in the rec room, refreshed bar cabinets, new pool table covering and cue sticks, new bunk bed and nightstand in the ground-level bedroom with king bed and bunk bed, new projector in home theater, new hot tub on mid-level deck, new fan in the great room.
New for 2021: New walkway to the beach from the pool deck, raised deck on dune-top, replaced gas fireplace with electric, new tile by the front entrance.
No luxury has been forgotten – dune top seating area, private optionally heated black lagoon pool, 2 hot tubs, home theater, 2 video arcade games, pool table, and so much more! At the top of the home, the great room and kitchen beckon you to relax and savor time with your adored ones and friends. “Atlantis @ South Beach” has 2 full-size fridges/icemakers, 3 dishwashers, 3 microwaves, 2 stoves plus a complimentary-standing commercial ice maker in the dining area with a wet bar, and 2 washers and 2 dryers. The recreation room has a pool table and kitchenette, TV, surround sound, and two arcade video games. Custom home theater room with plush seating, Blu-Ray, and a screen that is over 100 inches wide!
Charmingly appointed decor and the ideal beach setting in the ideal home will make many life-long memories for your family this year. This oceanfront property is centrally located just south of the newly re-constructed, environmentally sensitive, and completely spectacular, Jennette's Pier in Nags Head and north of the Outer Banks Pier featuring Fish Heads Bar and Grille. Savor the most handsome beaches on the Outer Banks while being close to shopping, eateries, three historic lighthouses, outlet shopping, and the cozy village experience in Manteo. Water sports, the fishing piers, and deep-sea fishing are only mins. away!
Top-Level: Great Room with Electric Fireplace, TV, DVD, Surround Sound, Stereo, CD, Dining Table seats 10, Second Dining Table seats 10, Wet Bar, Icemaker, Kitchen with Island seats 6, 2 Stoves, 2 Dishwashers, 2 Microwaves, King Master Bedroom with TV, DVD, King Master Bedroom with TV, DVD.
Mid-Level: King Bedroom with TV, DVD, and Deck Access, shares Jack and Jill Bathroom with King Bedroom with TV, DVD; King Bedroom with TV, DVD, Deck/Hot Tub Access, shares Jack and Jill Bathroom with Queen Bedroom, ROKU TV, DVD; Bedroom with Queen Bed and Bunk Bed with ROKU TV, DVD, shares Jack and Jill Bathroom with Queen Bedroom with ROKU TV, DVD, Laundry.
Ground-Level: Rec Room with Sleeper Couch, TV, Surround Sound, Stereo, DVD, CD, Pool Table, 2 Video Arcade Games, Video Library (350), Kitchenette with Full-Size Fridge, Icemaker, Microwave, Pool Deck Access, Washer and Dryer Set #2, Home Theater Room with 100+" Screen with Blu-Ray Projection System, King Master Bedroom with TV, DVD, shares access to Hall Bath; Bedroom with King Bed and Bunk Bed, Roku TV, DVD, Hall Full Bath, Hall Half Bath.
Extras: Private Pool (14x30) (Heat Optional Seasonally), 2 Hot Tubs (6), WiFi (400 MB download speed), Home Theater, Pool Table, 2 Refrigerators, 2 Stoves, 3 Dishwashers, 2 Microwaves, Electric Fireplace, Gas Grille, Electric Grille, Basketball Goal, Cornhole, FAMILY PETS NOT ACCEPTED, No Smoking, Parking: 8 Vehicles, Milepost 17.5.
Additional Amenity Details:
Private Pools are open from April 28, 2023 until October 15, 2023 and May 3, 2024 until October 12, 2024, and May 2, 2025 until October 11, 2025. Pool heat is an available option at this property, for a fee of $400 plus tax. Hot tubs are available year-round.
All Outer Banks Blue properties provide bed linens and bath towels for a modest fee added to every reservation. We provide 1 bath towel and washcloth per advertised occupant. We provide 1 hand towel and 1 bar of soap per bathroom sink. We also provide kitchen towels. Beds are made prior to your arrival, and we provide a starter supply of toilet paper, bathroom soap, paper towels, and dishwasher detergent.
Outer Banks Blue makes every commercially reasonable effort to maintain reliable information about the vacation rental properties we manage. As such, all information and descriptions are subject to daily updates and changes. We are not responsible for changes in furnishing, inventory, and décor implemented by individual homeowners. Photos, virtual tours, and floor plans are meant to be illustrative in nature. All vacation rental information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. If you have any questions please give us a call.
The use of the property is restricted to use by You and Your family, unless it is agreed upon, in writing, to occupancy by a non-family group. A “family” means parents, grandparents, kids, and extended family members visiting at the property. For example, the use of the property by fraternities, sororities, groups under the age of 24, or unrelated groups is prohibited.
About the Area
Located on the beach, this vacation home is in South Nags Head, a neighborhood in Nags Head. Dare County Arts Council and The Lost Colony are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Bodie Island Lighthouse and Roanoke Marshes Lighthouse. Mutiny Bay Adventure Golf and Full Throttle Speedway are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as swimming.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Rental property booking tips:
Sticking to a rental budget:
- Summer months are the most expensive season in coastal NC. Reserving a rental home in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons is our favorite way to save money on your rental home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Nags Head vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- Book your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules often open a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Some hosts offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if discounts are available for your group.
- Booking websites often offer their guests an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Nags Head area visitors guide magazines that include special deals, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find Nags Head visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Choosing the perfect rental home:
- Start by selecting trip dates and a maximum budget.
- Private Pool has 10 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is usually accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, contact the property management company before booking the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in living rooms. You will need to determine what is optimal for your trip.
- Does your group require special amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters for amenities. Use these filters to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available before booking
- Some rentals allow pets, and some don't. Allowable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask your host about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- Store the host's contact information in your smartphone.
- Make a record of any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately contact the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are valuable if a dispute is filed.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, stereo or kitchen appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent quite a few problems.
- Be a good neighbor. Often, adjacent homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Lock your rental property while you are away! Don't let burglars spoil your family vacation.
- Just before checking out, take a walk-through to confirm you didn't leave anything behind. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Walk through the rental a final time and scan for damage. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the host isn't available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Most vacation rental websites make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your property and/or property manager was wonderful, they would love to hear about it. If anything was inoperable and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Lost Colony Brewery's Waterfront Beer Garden - 1.0 miles
- Fish Heads Bar and Grill - 1.0 miles
- Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe - 1.2 miles
- Miller's Waterfront Restaurant - 1.4 miles
- Outer Banks Mall - 3.2 miles
- Poke Box - 3.2 miles
- Big Buck's Homemade Ice Cream - 4.4 miles
- Sugar Creek Seafood Restaurant - 0.8 miles
- Nags Head Dolphin Watch - 0.9 miles
- Fish Heads Bar and Grill - 1.0 miles
- Fishing Unlimited Boating Center - 1.3 miles
- Paradise Dolphin Cruises - 4.1 miles
- Risky Business Shrimping and Crabbing - 4.3 miles
- Nags Head Dolphin Watch - 4.3 miles
- Captain Johnny's Dolphin Tours - 4.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 4.5 miles